Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kicking off December


I dragged another victim along to my favorite area, just south of South Street. After meeting a cool chick with a Women's Studies degree working in a feminist-run sex education center, my roommate and I explored Bainbridge Street. We stumbled upon Anastasia's Antiques, where we were inspired by a beautiful collection of costume jewelry as well as the orchestra piece playing in the background. I forgot to figure out the name of this used book store but I was over the moon with 1) the sheer number and variety of books and 2) the great space, with exposed brick and handwritten signs. Our adventure ended with a stop for a killer panini and cup of joe at Anthony's Italian Coffee House in Italian Market.


Saturday and Sunday weren't quite as interesting, I enjoyed a day of coffee, newspaper reading and crocheting (finished my first ever hat, all in one day!) Following this day of peace, a new friend and I went to the museum and took advantage of the pay-what-you-want days that happen the first Sunday of every month at the art museum. I realized how much I've missed art in my life.

 

My Monday night blew away the entire weekend! I put on my 80's inspired outfit and finally got to use my birthday present from almost six months ago - I saw the musical gods and 80's royalty that is Daryll Hall & John Oates. My dad came with me, and I'm glad he did. We had a great time, I sang and danced while he sorta smiled.
 I am so grateful for how much closer him and I've gotten since I left for school.


Do yourself a favor and listen to "You Make My Dreams,"
 that's what I'm doing to get through the last 9 days till I get to go home for the holidays.
Smiles, Morgen.


No comments:

Post a Comment