Thursday, March 21, 2013

Broke the Spring with Museums and Family

Last week was spring break, which was of course not long enough. I tried to get all of the relaxation time I could while in the comfort of my own home - because there's something particularly serene about my old bedroom, especially when my mom gets me flowers for International Women's Day to welcome me home.
On my first day home, I went to my uncle's deployment ceremony with my parents which provoked some sad feelings but he'll be okay. Then on Sunday, my parents plus my brother came back to the city with me to take in a Temple basketball game and check out some fun places in Center City. Traffic was hectic and stressful but we survived and ate a lovely meal at The Continental.
I was so happy to be home for my little brother's birthday and especially excited to be the one making his birthday cake. I miss my brother when I'm away at school so I try to spend time with him whenever I'm home -even if he's sort of a reluctant teenager at this point in life.
I checked in with my lovely friend, Ms. Bury who unfortunately was cursed with a case of mono. But was a trooper and went out for grilled muffins & photography in the park. Don't let the sun deceive you - the weather in York this past week was not pleasant.
How could I not mention the resourceful things I did with my favorite partner? We went biking on the rail trail, which ended poorly with windburn and chilly legs. But we happened upon the Industrial and Agricultural Museum. This museum is a tiny, hidden gem of York county - especially when you're as dorky about local history as Sam and I. The sun came out and it got a little warmer for strolling around York along with a bowl of gelato from the Indian restaurant. Otherwise, it was just a lazy night for movies and cuddles.
On our rainy Saturday we took a little day trip to Gettysburg to check out Civil War battlefields and play Battleship in a quaint coffee shop called The Ugly Mug. Plus we had THE BEST ice cream at York Street Treat on our way home...and we eat a lot of ice cream. 
Goodbyes were hard, as usual. Especially when Sam took me to the train station and some tears fell on my train ride back to the city. But here I am, in my dorm, been sick and going to classes all week. Hopefully the sun and the warmth come to stay soon.
Smiles, Morgen

No comments:

Post a Comment