Monday, July 8, 2013

I Believe in Faeries and Family.

I went home for a pre-finals weekend of good food and child-style dress up.
I made my costume out of old fabric scraps and a recycled dress that I decided to bleach dye using bathroom cleaner. Then I borrowed a head piece and wings from my lovely faerie festival friend.
I've been going to the festival for the past three years. I absolutely love this atmosphere - it is so welcoming and accepting to people of all sorts, the ultimate be yourself dreamland. When people ask what it is, I describe it as super similar to a renaissance fair but with hippies dressed up as faeries and other fantasy characters. So there's food vendors, accessories, and performers among other things. I got a pretty nasty sun burn on my chest and shoulders, but it was worth it for such great vibes.
I went to a lovely brunch in downtown York with my parents on Sunday morning at the White Rose. Of course I took advantage of it being Cinco de Mayo to wear a festive outfit and make festive food for the family. Below, you can see my dad eating a gigantic fish taco.
I'll be home in just one more week. This is very exciting. However, it will be a raw week of pushing through lengthy paper writing and packing up my little life. Needless to say, I'm excited to leave dorm living and eat homecooking for a few weeks. My anxiety about starting out on my own this summer is definitely increasing, but it's healthy anxiety.
Good luck to anyone else who is doing finals!
Smiles, Morgen.

No comments:

Post a Comment