It's come to my attention that I actually live here now - like I eat my cereal and sleep here, but I also have to shop and make friends here. I really enjoyed my classes this week and it's pleasant to spend my week engrossed in my studies. The weekend was a lovely break to come back to my sense of self, as usual. On Friday night, we went out for First Friday and attended a gallery where one of the Tyler School Of Art Professors was showing. Following the gallery, we wandered through Chinatown but ended up at Jimmy Johns back on campus for a late night dinner.
Saturday started off with an intense track work out and a heavy breakfast. I then found myself back in Rittenhouse square, where there was a cute little farmers market set up and I had a few minutes to work on a reading assignment. I took a detour through a residential block of southern Philadelphia and saw these beautiful homes on my way to picking up Rachel. One of my favorite past times in the city, is just walking through neighborhoods like this and imagining how it would be to live there.
After picking up my lovely friend from work, we walked a lot of blocks because the eastbound subway was down to get to this free concert featuring Maps & Atlases, Frank Turner and Yo La Tengo. Within a half hour of being at Penn's Landing, the rain started coming down. Rachel and I waited under the umbrella for the bands to start. The rain did not stop at all that night till almost 11:00. So Rachel went back early but I stuck it out and did not regret my decision to stay! The bands were amazing and it was my first concert alone which was a liberating experience.
Here I am at the end of it, catching up on sleep, readings and sunshine. It's a beautiful day out today. Hope everyone else's weekend was equally enjoyable.
Smiles, Morgen.
No comments:
Post a Comment