Thursday, August 1, 2013

Confessions of a 19-year-old Feminist Housewife

I have to admit that I am pretty darn domestic. I love cooking and decorating and entertaining - which is why we like to have people over at the new house so much. Before school starts I will post about the wonderful family meals I've been sharing as well as some recipes I hope to try during the semester. For now, here is a peak at our 4th of July adventure & Paige's birthday party. Note: my themed outfits for both occasions, something I'm quite proud of.

 (Photo credit: Paige)





We had a cookout in our little concrete backyard (where I played grill master) & then headed down to the parkway to check out the fireworks and to sit too far from the concert to actually hear any of it. I made one of those patriotic stripe cakes but there's only a before picture.





Paige had a kid-themed birthday party - so everyone wore party hats, played pin the tail on the donkey & I made cupcakes in ice cream cones. I was so glad that she enjoyed her party because she deserves so many fun polka dots and smiling friends.

The summer is going pretty well thus far, if I d say so myself.
Smiles, Morgen.

No comments:

Post a Comment