Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A quaint day off

The boy and I took a day to ourselves yesterday. I decided to to spend my "me day" baking cookies, re-purposing some old dresses and browsing way too many blogs for my own good (Like these two).

 
This is my lovely apron my mom got me for Christmas that makes me feel instantly cutesy, and these are the delicious chewy chocolate ship cookies I made with this recipebecause the Toll house recipe doesn't work for me. Ever.
I wish I would have snagged some before photos of the two dresses that I turned into this piece. The original dresses were a navy blue t-shirt dress from Forever21 that I got in a clothing swap, and the other was a white eyelet trimmed dress I picked up at an antique shop in the mountains. The t-shirt dress was getting too short and the eyelet dress had a stain on the bodice. My solution: take the lovely trim and sew it to the bottom of the too-short dress. I think it turned out pretty nice and is of a much more tasteful length. (Added a bow to one shoulder to make a little less Easter-Sunday conservative)



No comments:

Post a Comment