Today is Sam's birthday! He's now a big, bad adult and the same age as me. I stayed up later than my usual old lady bed time last night to finish the first part of his birthday gift. Since I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, this will be posted tomorrow. I got crafty for my babe and made some hand embroidered handkerchiefs since he always keeps one in his pocket.
I decided to take a shortcut and not make the handkerchiefs from scratch, I got these at Kohl's for about ten bucks. Also to start, you'll just need sewing basics; needle, thread, pencil. (This is my sewing box for college, isn't it adorable and bitsy?)I did a couple with just a monogram of his initials in different thread colors. Then I decided to get tricky and do some things that are a little more personal to him. I think the treble clef turned out the best, but the steal your face skull is the one I'm thinking he'll be most excited about.
I love what you did with the hankies. My husband carries a hankie with him EVERYWHERE, but I never thought of embroidering some for him. Love it.
ReplyDelete