Have you ever tasted the orange juice from concentrate that comes in the frozen cans? It tastes insanely sweet because its so much flavor without anything to dilute it. That's how my week has been, except it's summer fun instead of orange flavor. So much so that I haven't been home for more than a few hours, besides for sleeping purposes, all week. Enjoy the long post to recap my week.
Monday was date night after a day of moping around and being kind of scared of my professional future, or lack thereof one. My babe took me out for sushi at my favorite place and then we went to Maple Donuts for coffee and the best donuts. (Side note: I will miss these donuts a lot while in Philly. They are a York treasure.)
Tuesday started with a hike in Wrightsville, on a portion of the Mason Dixon Trail that I strongly recommend, and some nice views of the river. I rushed home and got dressed just in time to drive a little ways, about a half hour really, to go to Maple Farms in New Park for some peach picking. The experience was incredibly fun, though the weather was a bit warm, and the peaches were a total steal at only six bucks for half a basket, which is about fifteen peaches. Fast forward to the evening, and me and the boyfriend joined his brother for some free bowling courtesy of local coupons. This was probably my favorite day of the week, and the most tiring.
Wednesday began early in the morning with loading the kayaks on Sam's truck and heading to Shank's Mare for some "yaking" on the river. Beautiful morning on the water, but didn't get any pictures. Our evening found us in Hanover, a small town west of York. We were planning on seeing the Grateful Dead movie that was showing at select theaters in memory of Jerry Garcia's birthday. Before the movie, we went to a little drive-in called the Tropical Treat upon recommendation of his mother. I cannot get over how adorable this place was - straight out of the 1950's, order at your car, cheeseburgers and french fries with a vanilla malt. Not only was it great ambiance, but delicious food!
Thursday came and it already feels like the weekend. We took Riley to Gifford Pinchot State Park to hike and to learn to swim. Yet another time I wish I had taken pictures because he looked so cute in the water, but I was having enough trouble keeping up with him as is without a phone in hand. I'm happy to be home to work on re-purposing a skirt and read some of Anna Karenina before bed! Sweet dreams & sunny mornings to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment